Most people think that the time to start showing the baby their love is as soon as they’re born. These people are absolutely wrong. Recent studies have shown that babies in a mothers womb can hear what’s going on and sense their parents love. Why wait till after birth to show your baby how much you love them? When Mom and Dad bond with their fetus they are teaching him the world is a safe place. Here are some helpful ways to bond with your unborn baby.
- Talking to your baby is one of the easiest ways to bond. As you go about your day, clue him in on everything as if he’s right there (He is!). For example, “Come let’s make lunch, or, “What do you want to do today?”
- When you feel a little kick, rub your stomach and say “Hi there little one, mommy’s right here!” or “Love you!”
- Before going to sleep, make sure you give your tummy a rub and wish your baby a sweet peaceful night.
- Play a game. Poke him gently and see how soon he pokes back. In the last month of pregnancy, It is possible for you to see a heel which ripples across your abdomen.
- Play music and sing to your baby. If you play soft, relaxing music through out the day, he will remember the music and he will gravitate towards it.