Exercising during pregnancy provides many benefits, such as making it easier to lose the baby weight after childbirth, allowing you to sleep better, staying fit, and giving you more energy. Certain pelvic exercises, such as the “Kegel” can shorten the second stage of labor, allowing for an easier and a less painful labor.
1. Start with some easy warm-up stretches to ease yourself in.
2. Avoid any back exercises after your first trimester.
3. Always keep a water bottle handy. It’s extremely important to stay hydrated.
4. If you feel any pain or discomfort, stop immediately and rest.
5. Be sure to take frequent breaks and avoid anything too strenuous.
6. Try to exercise in comfortable weather conditions. You want to avoid snow, rain and extreme heat.
7. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
You may want to talk to your doctor or midwife about what exercises you can do, what to avoid, and what to look out for while exercising.