No matter how big or small the kitchen is, everybody always feels that their kitchen is cramped and cluttered. Organizing your work space keeps your kitchen and your head clearer. Here are some tips that will help you clear up and maintain a clean work space.
- All small appliances like toasters, microwaves, etc. can be mounted under the cabinets, or can sit on a roll out shelf inside a cabinet. If necessary, appliances that are used daily can sit on your counter.
- Try to avoid buying specialty gadgets. Unless your rice cooker is a staple in your home, use a regular pot, it serves the purpose just as well and takes up less space.
- If you have an appliance that you never use but you just can’t seem to part with it, put it into storage. Go back a year later and if it’s still there, give it away because you obviously have no use for it.
- Knives can be hung from a magnetic knife rack on the wall – make sure kids can not reach them.
- Tilt-out trays in front of sinks can hold sponges. Put soap dispensers directly on to the counter top.
- Attach a metal rod to the wall against the stove, so that it can hold utensils.
- Attach a wire rack to the inside of a cabinet door to hold all small things like, spices, aluminum foil, ziplock bags, etc.
- If you have a corner cabinet that you think is a waste of space use a lazy susan. Another option would be to use the back for storage and the front for daily used items.
- Under the sink is a great spot for the garbage. You can also put all your chemicals there, but make sure to lock the cabinet so children can not reach it.
- Plastic containers should be stacked in a pile with the lids placed on the side separately.
Hope these ideas give you a little more space in the kitchen. Good luck!!