When your baby turns one it’s time to party and have some fun!! How should you celebrate? There’s a lot to keep in mind when preparing a baby’s party. You have to plan it to a toddler’s schedule, appropriate themes and snacks. Here are some ideas that will help you plan a great party!
- Plan the party to only last an hour to an hour and a half. Babies can not sit for so long and they lose interest in things really quickly. The best time to have the party is either late morning or late afternoon after your baby’s nap when she’s not tired or cranky.
- Try to minimize your guest list to as little as possible to avoid overwhelming your baby and of course to limit the expenses.
- Don’t be silly; ask for help! Consider hiring someone or have a family member there just to have another pair of hands.
- Babies love balloons but latex balloons are a huge choking hazard for children under 8. Try buying foil or Mylar balloons.
- Many babies at that age are still crawling so a good idea would be to fence off a play area. Place chairs around for your guest and parents to watch and fill the middle with age appropriate toys.
- Don’t get to stressed over it because your baby does not know the difference. In a few years you’re going to have to hire a DJ and make much fancier parties so enjoy it now!