Moms-to-be frequently swing from euphoric to anxious and back. They alternately stress over the pregnancy and are excited about it. The good news is there are ways to relax and start enjoying the pregnancy. After all, you are going to be together for nine months so might as well make the experience pleasant. Read on for ways to enjoy pregnancy.
How You Can Enjoy Pregnancy
Having a baby does not have to be uncomfortable. You have choices when it comes to making it enjoyable. Below are five of the popular ways to savor the pregnancy journey.
- Exercise everyday – Daily exercise raises the jolly endorphin levels and improves blood pumping and circulation. If the doctor clears you for this activity, go for it. Exercising will make you feel better, plus it is good for the baby you are carrying. When doing intensive cardio workouts like biking or running, monitor the heart rate carefully. If you overdo it, you might start burning fat. A heart that pumps too fast could take its toll on the blood pumped toward the uterus.
- Purchase great maternity clothes – You do not have to look and feel like an enormous whale just because you are pregnant. Go ahead and get yourself some feel-good maternity apparel. It will pick up your spirits and you will also make pregnancy attractive. Do not simply get the essentials like the elastic-waist pants. Purchase a nice comfortable sweater, some flattering blouses or shirts, a pretty dress, plus other items to get you feeling gorgeous.
- Pay regular visits to a chiropractor – This one goes highly recommended. The back muscles and spine get strained because of the extra pressure and weight applied by a baby growing inside you. Here is where periodic massages and chiropractor therapy sessions come in handy. Problems that could result include breach delivery, moderate-to-severe back pains and sciatica. Remember: the pregnant woman’s body is undergoing major torment as it is. There is no need to add to it further. Being aware of how you hold your body while standing, sitting and walking also helps.
- Hire lactation advisers or consultants prior to labor – Yes, there is such a thing as lactation consultants. Some women want to breastfeed their babies so bad, but are unable to because their bodies are not producing enough milk. Having lactation consultants ensures that your baby grows within his ideal birth weight. If keeping up with your baby’s milk demands is proving impossible, lactation consultants can tell you what to do. They can assist in matters concerning increasing milk flow and preparing your body for the arrival of your bundle of joy. Consult with one before you give birth.
- Occasionally indulging yourself is okay – Being pregnant can be an excuse to eat extra calories. There is nothing wrong with eating more than the usual amount every day, as long as it is not overly excessive. Having ice cream or a cheeseburger every now and then is fine, making it a part of the daily menu is not. Going overboard is bad for both you and the baby.
Pregnancy takes a bit of adjustment – emotionally, mentally and physically. Follow the above tips to make your pregnancy a happy and comfortable one. Pretty soon you will give birth, but while you are still carrying the baby, make it a memorable experience.